Why is D unpopular

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 12:15:44 UTC 2022

On Tuesday, 14 June 2022 at 10:45:15 UTC, bauss wrote:

> I think it's really ignorant to have a stance like that with a
> programming language that strives to be general-purpose. The
> whole point of a programming language to be general-purpose is
> that you might not need all the features or see value in all
> features, but you have them at your disposal if needed, because
> you want to appeal to as many people as possible.
>
> I can't say I'm shocked, because it's the usual view with D,
> barely anyone in the community is willing to compromise.

I'm not the gatekeeper. There's nothing for me to compromise on.
If the feature gets in, that's fine. Life goes on. I'm not
speaking for Walter or Atila when I express my opinion on this. D
is already a complex language, so I just think that *any* new
feature should have a strong justification. Personally, I haven't
seen one yet for this one. But if you can convince Walter and
Atila, more power to you.