d unpopular why is

monkyyy crazymonkyyy at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 05:57:45 UTC 2022

On Tuesday, 21 June 2022 at 06:59:34 UTC, Vijay Nayar wrote:
> On Monday, 20 June 2022 at 14:04:25 UTC, monkyyy wrote:
>> tldr: std.containers is bad.
> Thankfully the number of methods that define what a range is is
> fairly small, thus creating your own struct to represent one
> for your own classes starts to become natural after a bit of
> practice.

I'm no stranger to writing data structures; if anything I do it
too much.

To put it another way, lets say the devs will implement one block
of code I suggest. If I suggest an algorithm in an ideal world
that will produce 5 new useful instantiations of lazy std-only
code. If they implement a new data structure that will make 100
new instantiations.

Fundamentally why shouldn't the next 5 data structures that are
arguably general that someone thinks up off the top of their head
not be included?

(and the answer I got a while back was they are waiting on
std.experimental.allocator to be released; for .... reasons)