`restricted` member variables

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 07:41:51 UTC 2022

On Wednesday, 22 June 2022 at 06:49:01 UTC, forkit wrote:
> I don't argue that class default should be private.
>
> I think most D programmers, would not appreciate this ;-)
>
> I'd like it to be sure. I wish it was when D was designed.
>
> But I'm not arguing for that now. A future version, maybe, if a
> majority decide that.

Well, you can do what I did. Create a fork, add a modified parser
that is run on files with a different filename extension (like
"file.d3").

Then you can modify your "d3" extension to work as you please.
E.g. I made it possible to write ```if 0 ≤ x ≤ 4 {…}``` and such
things.

It shouldn't be too much work to add things like «hidden» and
then find the location where D checks for access-control.

This is stuff that is easy to add yourself. Stuff like type
system support for memory management is more critical at this
point in time.

Ask around and I am sure you'll find people who will help you out.