`restricted` member variables

forkit forkit at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 08:01:12 UTC 2022

On Wednesday, 22 June 2022 at 07:41:51 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:

> Well, you can do what I did. Create a fork, add a modified
> parser that is run on files with a different filename extension
> (like "file.d3").

I do have my own fork (local, not git).

I've made some minor changes here and there over time.

I only use my fork. I think its the version right before ImportC
was added ;-)

> This is stuff that is easy to add yourself.

easy for some ;-)

> Stuff like type system support for memory management is more
> critical at this point in time.

Even if a DIP were successful, I would not expect it to be
prioritised over more pressing matters.

Additionally, since its a volunteer commmunity, people will
choose what they want to work on - so someone would actually have
to 'volunteer' to implement it. I doubt that would be Walter, and
in any case, he certainly has enough on his plate... for the
forseeble future.....

So passing a DIP, and having it implemented, are two **very
completely different** things. Let's not conflate them.