`restricted` member variables

forkit forkit at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 23:26:11 UTC 2022

On Wednesday, 22 June 2022 at 23:12:04 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
> On Wednesday, 22 June 2022 at 23:07:19 UTC, forkit wrote:
>> C'mon. I mean really. Are you seriously making an argument,
>> that no benefit can come from 'private(this)'?
>
> forkit, let me introduce you to the concept of burden of proof.
>
> See, nobody has to make that case, so you have no need to
> strawman anyone. On the other hand, **YOU** have to make the
> case that there is a benefit.
>
> Every message in this thread that fail to do so bury the case
> one foot deeper. Say hello to the moles from me, will you?

This is nonsense. I mean really.

The module itself is an abstract data type.

The benefits are obvious. Or is your argument, that D should get
rid of modules?

All 'private(this)' does, is enable the opportunity for greater
modularity *within* the module.

No evidence is required to back this up. Even a monkey brain
should get it.