`restricted` member variables

forkit forkit at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 11:04:40 UTC 2022

On Thursday, 23 June 2022 at 10:50:26 UTC, Alexandru Ermicioi
wrote:
> On Thursday, 23 June 2022 at 10:36:02 UTC, forkit wrote:
>> But it is an elehpant, not a mosquito.
>
>> That's the point I've been trying to make - which it seems, is
>> still not getting across to some.
>
> Well then you failed in your task. Perhaps changing the
> approach would help here.

Well, my task, was to highlight this issue in D, and stop it from
always being stuffed under the rug by the 'opposers'.

Thanks to dkorpel, for 'volunteering' his time and effort, to
really move this forward (not as a new language feature, but as
something you can try out, if you want).

So I'd say, the straedgy worked, just fine ;-)

Making 'noise' was, sadly, the only way to get any movement on
this.

A DIP, at this point, would have resulted in absolutely nothing
occuring. (probably why so many were encouraging me to take that
path instead).

If anyone needs me, I'll be playing with 'private(this)' in
dkorpel's branch of dmd.