`restricted` member variables

Dom Disc dominikus at scherkl.de
Thu Jun 23 11:24:36 UTC 2022

On Thursday, 23 June 2022 at 11:04:40 UTC, forkit wrote:

> Well, my task, was to highlight this issue in D, and stop it
> from always being stuffed under the rug by the 'opposers'.

It was never "under the rug", as it popped up now and then by
newbies.

If anything, you managed to change my opinion from "I don't need
it, but who cares" to "It would be a failure to add it".
I would oppose any such DIP and hope Daniels branch won't make it
in the mainstream.

"restricted" (or hidden/sees which I still think would be better
names) would be a different thing, as this provides something new
(preventing member functions from accessing specific fields). And
fixes to the invariant handling are of course a good thing.