`restricted` member variables

Dennis dkorpel at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 11:54:26 UTC 2022

On Thursday, 23 June 2022 at 11:04:40 UTC, forkit wrote:
> Thanks to dkorpel, for 'volunteering' his time and effort, to
> really move this forward (not as a new language feature, but as
> something you can try out, if you want).
>
> So I'd say, the straedgy worked, just fine ;-)
>
> Making 'noise' was, sadly, the only way to get any movement on
> this.

Note that I don't actually want the feature myself, but I was
curious how complex it would actually be to implement, and wanted
to show that the discussion does not have to be a harsh conflict
between two self-interested camps. Maybe when there's something
concrete on the table we can all stop bickering over principles,
definitions, quotes from authority figures etc. and get some real
world experience. And when it gets rejected, at least you can
still forkit ;)

I did NOT want to show that making noise on the forum is the way
to get your feature in. Please don't keep bringing up the same
points over and over, especially in other threads like [this
one](https://forum.dlang.org/post/jjxxvzaehgzzwucapmap@forum.dlang.org).