Exploring the philosophy of objects

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 05:02:26 UTC 2022

On Friday, 24 June 2022 at 01:59:07 UTC, forkit wrote:
> i.e. It's natural to think about our reality in terms of
> autonomous existing objects, so it's natural this will find
> it's way into other areas of our thinking, including
> programming.

I once took a course that had the book «Computers in Context: The
Philosophy and Practice of System Design» in the curriculum,
which looks at systems development from the angle of a philsopher
and a system development angle. Sadly, I don’t remember what it
said about objects.

But yes, both objects and class hierarchies are reflections of
human thought processes. Functions too, and math. Mathematicians
talk of «mathematical objects».