Civility

forkit forkit at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 08:53:23 UTC 2022

On Friday, 24 June 2022 at 08:44:56 UTC, claptrap wrote:

> That "quote" is usually attributed to P T Barnum, (or some
> variation to Oscar Wilde), so i think it has to be taken in
> context, if you're running a circus / freak show bad press can
> sometimes be good in the same way press outrage at an
> "offensive" film can drive people to see it.
>
> Not so good otherwise though.

Look. C++ has been on the receiving end of constant negativity
for...well..decades.

Even from the hard-core within it... who continue to use it.

And yet, the C++ brand remains strong. Very strong. And getting
stronger.

On the other hand, if I were a professional psychologist, I would
not want to be attracting constant negativity.

But a programming language should be able to deal with, just fine.

If it's not,. it needs to work out why that is.

If you just focus on trying to stop negativty, you will
accomplish nothing.

You may as well give up now.