Civility

claptrap clap at trap.com
Fri Jun 24 09:31:02 UTC 2022

On Friday, 24 June 2022 at 08:53:23 UTC, forkit wrote:
> On Friday, 24 June 2022 at 08:44:56 UTC, claptrap wrote:
>>
>> That "quote" is usually attributed to P T Barnum, (or some
>> variation to Oscar Wilde), so i think it has to be taken in
>> context, if you're running a circus / freak show bad press can
>> sometimes be good in the same way press outrage at an
>> "offensive" film can drive people to see it.
>>
>> Not so good otherwise though.
>
> Look. C++ has been on the receiving end of constant negativity
> for...well..decades.
>
> Even from the hard-core within it... who continue to use it.

It has likely still driven people away from C++, i mean you're
posting this in a forum of a language that was in large a
reaction to the flaes in C++, where most of the users are ex-C++
programmers.

IE. That C++ is still popular does not mean the negative view of
it hasn't driven people away. I dont miss it and hope I never
have to use it ever again.