Civility

forkit forkit at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 09:44:43 UTC 2022

On Friday, 24 June 2022 at 09:31:02 UTC, claptrap wrote:

> It has likely still driven people away from C++, i mean you're
> posting this in a forum of a language that was in large a
> reaction to the flaes in C++, where most of the users are
> ex-C++ programmers.

True. But it's been 22 years now.

> IE. That C++ is still popular does not mean the negative view
> of it hasn't driven people away. I dont miss it and hope I
> never have to use it ever again.

That's interesting. Cause I feel the opposite. That is, I feel
like I'm becoming more interested in C++ again.

I think it's because C++ finally decided to embrace change.

But I'm sure all the 'negativity' played a role, in prompting
them to do so.

That, and they were losing programmers to other languages, as you
say.

The question is, how is D going to keep programmers (not so much
attract them), when these other languages are going full-speed
ahead.

An experimental branch might actually help here.