Civility

forkit forkit at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 08:59:47 UTC 2022

On Friday, 24 June 2022 at 08:48:02 UTC, claptrap wrote:
> On Friday, 24 June 2022 at 06:31:37 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:
>>
>> On 24/06/2022 2:48 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
>>> Yes, we in the D community do do marketing and promotion.
>>> It's just that we're up against other communities that are
>>> very good at it.
>>
>> We certainly need to do better, part of that is curbing the
>> negative non-productive talks on the forum.
>
> Just make an off topic forum and move the bitch fests to that.
> That way there's no censorship and people who want to grumble
> and posture can do so without dragging down the main forum.
>
> It's not rocket science.

As I said before, as humans, our attention is always directed
immediately to the most emotionally salient content.

But most threads, the vast majority in fact, do not contain
emotionally salient content. People should try directing their
attention to those for a change.

Even the title of this thread contains emotive content.

So I wouldn't be suprised if this thread becomes the very thread
it didn't want to become ;-)

Please all, look at all the other threads, and keep the topic of
this thread in context.

No negativity at all would indicate possible group think to me.

Errhhh!

That's the last thing D needs.