Civility

forkit forkit at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 23:12:02 UTC 2022

On Friday, 24 June 2022 at 19:51:29 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 6/23/2022 10:30 PM, forkit wrote:
>> Just wear something under it. It'll make it a little less
>> uncomfortable.
>
> What I mean by wearing a hairshirt is insistence on negging D.
> There are many ways to be honest about D's capabilities without
> describing them in negative terms.

Saying something in a postive way, is not necessarily good.

Saying something in a negative way, is not necessarily bad.

What is important, is the motivation - which is not always clear,
whether the message was delivered in a positive way, or a
negative way.

In any case. I better understand your point, and for the most
part, accept it.

Certainly too much negativity, or negativity motivated by an
excessive pursuit of ones own goals - ;-)  .. can, and almost
certainly will, have an aversive effect.

But I'm struggling to see a day, where people in the D forums,
sit around a fire together, and start singing kumbaya, in harmony
with each other.

The struggle to balance self-oriented goals against
group-oriented goals, has always existed, and will continue to
exist for some time yet... even in the D community.