Exploring the philosophy of objects

forkit forkit at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 00:24:08 UTC 2022

On Friday, 24 June 2022 at 13:48:35 UTC, Zoadian wrote:

> No disrespect, but this is a programming language forum, i'd
> really appreciate if it stayed that way.

Actually, I was under the impression a moderator had locked this
thread, as they decided it was off topic.

But before they do that again, let me say this:

(1) Philosophy is not a religion. It is a tool.

(2) Philospohy and Programming/Programming Languages, are deeply
'entangled' whether you have the capacity to see to that level of
detail, or not ;-)

(3) the statement item (2) above is demonstrated throughout
academic literature on computing. It's not something I just made
up ;-)

I was watching this fascinating talk by Matt Godbolt last night.

'CppCon 2018: Matt Godbolt “The Bits Between the Bits: How We Get
to main()'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOfucXtyEsU

It's like he's deep within the quantum world of computing ;-)

Of course, it gets even more quantum than that too... and
seemingly, just keeps going... to what end .. I do not know.