State of Tooling Survey

WebFreak001 d.forum at webfreak.org
Sun Jun 26 13:40:12 UTC 2022

On Sunday, 26 June 2022 at 02:52:05 UTC, WebFreak001 wrote:
> Hello everyone, we over at the D Language Code Club discord
> server have created a small survey to see what kind of tooling,
> libraries and ecosystems everyone in the community is using.
>
> It would be greatly appreciated if you could find the time to
> fill in this ~5 minute survey:
> https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScj0Cp41qeUIU2OgBtry7VxSlwn3H881yQ6WC-icTpybahIoQ/viewform
>
> You will be asked about your used Editors/IDEs, packages you
> regularly use, plugins, toolchain and software practices you
> use.
>
> If you have any suggestions for the survey, we can also still
> make minor changes and add questions that might fit in.

we have 75 responses already, thanks to everyone who filled out
the survey!

Note: the survey was extended a little bit to contain a few
common replies in the "other" field, if you want you may be able
to edit your submitted response if you were logged in with google
as well.

Some changes include:
- added Neovim reply to editors, will count towards the general
VIM replies later though, just did this so Neovim replies also
get shown the Vim plugins section, for the people who replied
with VIM not being Neovim.
- added CLion for the same reason with IntelliJ IDEA, opening the
additional IntelliJ survey page if selected
- added `audio-formats` to popular dub packages as the usage
amount on the package list was comparably high on all the file
format libraries

I'm hoping we can get to over 200 responses! (completely
arbitrary number)

Also to all other editor/plugin maintainers: feel free to message
me on Matrix (@webfreak:m.wfr.moe) / IRC (WebFreak[m]) / Discord
if you want access to the response data rows as well, also
groupable by your editors/plugins.