Civility

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 20:57:40 UTC 2022

On Monday, 27 June 2022 at 00:20:06 UTC, zjh wrote:
> `The big ones` are easy to make mistakes. The big ones should
> be broken down into `small ones` first. Take your time. If you
> are urgent, you are easy to make mistakes.

I understand what you are saying, but basically all languages,
except C, have a more attractive memory management solution. D
also needs to get some real benefits from ‘shared’ and clear move
semantics/RAII.

So starting with big things matters. If we don’t start now then
it will never be done and then you will never get the attention
of C++ programmers.

We can avoid mistakes by keeping it separate from regular D until
it is a good solution. If it turns out bad, just abandon it.