Civility

Antonio antonio at abrevia.net
Tue Jun 28 13:33:58 UTC 2022

On Friday, 24 June 2022 at 04:43:34 UTC, Max Samukha wrote:
> Another lie is "There's no such thing as bad publicity”. Bad
> press is bad. Threads like "Why D is unpopular?" shouldn't
> reach 1000 posts.

1000 posts in which it was not necessary to use "Godwin's law"
seems like a great success to me :-)

D is "so open" and developers so heterogeneous. It is normal
that, time to time, forum will transform in a real agora where
all this egos and ideas are confronted... It is not good for
enterprise/marketing purposes, but very democratic.

May be a trending analysis of these "threads" and some
participant profile correlation could be useful.

Better than banning this kind of threads (in my opinion) is to
give developers a "quick" way to expose it's needs (without
discussions) and to know the needs of other developers (without
confrontation) based on surveys:

* Flutter proposes me, time to time, to fill out a survey about a
lot of aspects including the possibility to propose some
improvements I consider necessary.

What if "dub" proposes time to time a link to an official "D"
survey?  It will attract people using D that is not participating
on forum threads.  May be it shows up a better picture of the
community and reduces the need of "visions" confrontation.