Civility

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 15:45:09 UTC 2022

On Tuesday, 28 June 2022 at 15:22:51 UTC, Paul Backus wrote:
> The primary effect of breaking up forums is to reduce the
> amount of traffic each individual forum gets. Given that the D
> forums are not currently suffering from excessive traffic, I do
> not think it makes sense to break any of them up.

That was not the primary purpose I gave. I gave this rationale:

- make it easier to find information from the past for new users
- to consolidate around key frameworks that has the potential to
become «complete»

But it probably should be listed under the «learn» header to
lower the threshold for asking questions.

You can also find other reasons:
- lower the pressure on creators of frameworks by having users
help each other
- increase the reasons for participating in forums
- create a sense of belonging to a sub-community (e.g. the
Turkish forums).
- channel more users in, by having direct links from framework
websites