Civility

Salih Dincer salihdb at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 29 01:58:13 UTC 2022

On Tuesday, 28 June 2022 at 16:08:02 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Tuesday, 28 June 2022 at 15:48:10 UTC, Chris wrote:
>> Yes, relatively means in relation to others. Sure, it's huge
>> in relation to V.
>
> D ≈ 500 new repos on github in the past 12 months.
> https://github.com/search?q=created%3A%3E2021-06-28+language%3AD&type=Repositories
>

> V ≈ 250 new repos on github in the past 12 months.
>
> https://github.com/search?q=created%3A%3E2021-06-28+language%3AV&type=Repositories
>

> So, roughly 2 times larger?
>
> But the real question is if you will grow without taking both
> technical and social engineering seriously when the market is
> becoming saturated.
>
> Some will grow more than others… for a reason or two.

I don't want to be unfair to D at all. Because we are being on
D's turf. But something caught my attention in V:

> v translate ../C/donut.c

Yes, I know there is a miracle like ImportC. It still needs to be
integrated into DMD though.

By the way, thank you everyone for the friendly conversation
without crossing the borders.

SDB at 79