The problem that took him 5 years to fix in C++, I solved in a minute with D

FeepingCreature feepingcreature at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 11:32:07 UTC 2022

On Thursday, 10 March 2022 at 06:44:47 UTC, Paulo Pinto wrote:
> Before bashing C++'s design, which does indeed have plenty of
> flaws with several books describing them, what about finishing
> all those previews that are already 5 years and longer in the
> making and finally decide what domain D is good at?

Why? D being flawed does not take away one whit from C++'s
issues. The C++ people are free to bash us right back. I don't
follow this logic of "nobody is allowed to complain unless their
own record is spotless." Nobody is ever spotless. Every language
has warts. But of course you can complain about other languages'
warts at any time you want! If I couldn't complain about the
inadequacy of the tools that the profession considers adequate, I
would certainly go crazy.