The problem that took him 5 years to fix in C++, I solved in a minute with D

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 12:23:23 UTC 2022

On Thursday, 10 March 2022 at 11:50:05 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:

> Because negative advertising doesn't work, it is negative and
> will be perceived as whining.

Advertising? This is a community forum, where community members
express personal opinions. There's nothing wrong with discussions
about the pros and cons of different programming languages as
long as they're civil. I'm not about to tell people to never say
anything negative about any language, including those same people
who keep popping to remind us of D's shortcomings every time one
of these discussions appears.

Yes, I understand that people new to D can see these forums, and
that the tone of the posts here can influence their opinion of
the language. That's one reason why the forums are moderated. But
there's nothing wrong with the tone of this thread.

Discussions like this are perfectly fine, IMO. Every programming
community I've ever been a part of has them. And I believe most
people understand the difference between marketing and community
discussion.