The problem that took him 5 years to fix in C++, I solved in a minute with D

matheus matheus at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 14:35:04 UTC 2022

Hi again,

Well I'll reply myself instead of making individual responses to
not pollute this topic too much, but overall I see some people
complaining that I was bashing C++, and all can I say it was NOT
on purpose.

I was just pointing out one case that was in fact very
embarrassing in my opinion.

This video is from Jason and he is well known on the C++
community and even gave some presentations on CppCon, so it was
amusing seeing him struggling with the language for something
that I could do easily in D (Again I'm not a D hardcore at all).

I think that differently from some people here I like D's GC, I
never had much problem with it (Knocking on the wood), and even
that I don't use much templates I prefer the D way in contrast
with C++ and I could go on with this, but I think you get the
gist.

I usually watch videos from CppCon from time to time to see
what's new, and to be honest most of the new features presented
there for me seems to be clumsy or overwhelmingly painful to work
with and not so simple compared with D.

On Thursday, 10 March 2022 at 08:30:06 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> P.S. I sent you email about this, but your email address
> doesn't work.

First sorry for that, but this is true and the reason is just to
avoid spam, I post from the forum.dlang.org and while I don't
know if this still the case, but there was a time in the past
where the e-mail address was being leaked and could be found
through google, so I use a random one just to post.

Matheus.

PS: I'm a ESL, sorry for any English mistake.