Do we have any kind of build profiler?

Johan j at j.nl
Sat Mar 19 13:28:06 UTC 2022

On Saturday, 19 March 2022 at 12:50:29 UTC, Hipreme wrote:
> We all know we have `ldc2 --ftime-trace` which generates a
> "build profiler" for we to drop on chrome's performance tab.
> But there are some problem with it:
>
> 1: We don't really know how much time each CTFE takes
> 2: Most of its time is usually as abstract as "object
> generating"
> 3: Only ldc has that feature
> 4: In my project, I need to manually adjust the output as it
> has some problems with windows backslash

It's nice to hear you are using the feature!
1, 2, and 4 are probably easily improved when you tell us about
it in detail. I'm waiting for user feedback, so please submit
issues here: https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/issues

Btw, I highly recommend Tracy UI
(https://github.com/wolfpld/tracy) to look at the profiles. It is
much better and faster than chrome.