Do we have any kind of build profiler?

Hipreme msnmancini at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 19 12:50:29 UTC 2022

We all know we have `ldc2 --ftime-trace` which generates a "build
profiler" for we to drop on chrome's performance tab. But there
are some problem with it:

1: We don't really know how much time each CTFE takes
2: Most of its time is usually as abstract as "object generating"
3: Only ldc has that feature
4: In my project, I need to manually adjust the output as it has
some problems with windows backslash

There was many projects which CyberShadow done, but they are all
deprecated by today. I think we should really be able to do calls
for getting the current sys time at compilation time. It would be
much better than doing these really complex tools that go
deprecated really fast.

I have tried doing template instantiation + __TIME__, but it
seems that __TIME__ only generates a single value.