Just an example, why D rocks, and C++ s***s...

bachmeier no at spam.net
Sun Mar 20 10:55:49 UTC 2022

On Saturday, 19 March 2022 at 23:07:41 UTC, mee6 wrote:
> On Saturday, 19 March 2022 at 20:05:52 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
>> On Saturday, 19 March 2022 at 17:43:16 UTC, mee6 wrote:
>>> This just boils down to the standard libraries and what they
>>> implement. You can write that helper function put it in a
>>> util file and never have to write it again. D is considerably
>>> lacking when it comes to robust third party libraries. C++
>>> has so many good libraries in comparison. For D you pretty
>>> much have to roll your own implementation for everything
>>> else. There isn't even basic @nogc containers, so there's a
>>> lot you end up having to write yourself. The allocators are
>>> experimental, not sure how long it's been now. So there isn't
>>> a design philosophy to follow, you'd be making it from the
>>> ground up and that's a lot more work than a simple utility
>>> function. It feels like it's just left unsolved, it feels
>>> that way for D a lot.
>>
>> Excellent example of the off-topic vandalism of discussions I
>> wrote about the other day. It *always* happens as soon as
>> someone attempts to say something good about D.
>>
>> Your response has nothing to do with the post. If I were in
>> charge, I would delete it and ban you from posting here again.
>> Not sure if this is an organized effort, but troll posts like
>> this get tiring.
>
> It's not off topic, your post is completely off topic
> ironically though. A comparison was made and I elaborated on
> that comparison. It seems you don't like it cause I was being
> critical of D.

You didn't engage *at all* with the topic of the post. You
dismissed it with one sentence:

> You can write that helper function put it in a util file and
> never have to write it again.

Then you went on to talk about something else, in an attempt to
change the topic completely - something that's the case with 100%
of these posts. Either engage with the post, start your own
thread, or post somewhere else. That's the way they do it most
places on the internet.