Any potential infrastructure related projects or experiments?

SealabJaster sealabjaster at gmail.com
Sun May 1 08:54:08 UTC 2022

On Sunday, 24 April 2022 at 14:39:20 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:
> Something random that came up in the last hour:
>
> Artifact repository for dub, that supports custom file uploads
> + versions/versioning schemes.
>
> But more long term, there probably is something if you want to
> help out with the in progress infrastructure revamp (ask Mike
> about contributing for that).

Kept hitting a mental block while trying to work on a prototype
for this, so thought I'd just diagram it out instead and quickly
make a video going over an idea for this [1]

I kinda wanted to use an existing solution, but they're either
not-free, or aren't overly flexible when it comes to storing raw
artifacts (because most of them seem designed to handle existing
package manager formats, which Dub of course won't be included
in).

Thankfully the basic idea of an artifact repository is pretty
straightforward, as long as it's _only_ for storing artifacts,
and doesn't handle dependencies or relationships itself (e.g.
could be offloaded onto dub).

Realistically this is something that needs to be properly scoped
out though.

[1] https://www.loom.com/share/6e296039a0594ac9be18bef36b630407