Why is D unpopular?

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Sun May 1 18:09:16 UTC 2022

On 5/1/2022 9:31 AM, claptrap wrote:
> And 99.9% of the time you're listening to AutoTuned vocals you dont even know.

It's gotten to the point where I can tell :-)

I don't mean cranking it up to an absurd point like Cher did. I mean the subtle
use of it, as it was intended.

What has happened is the *style* of singing has changed to accommodate use of
autotune. This becomes most apparent if you listen to a lot of singers in the
1970s vs today. Modern singers also, since they don't have to train to be on
pitch, don't seem to train to develop a good tone, either. Their voices just
don't have good tone compared to 70's singers.