Why is D unpopular?

monkyyy crazymonkyyy at gmail.com
Sun May 1 19:43:42 UTC 2022

On Sunday, 1 May 2022 at 18:09:16 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:

> It's gotten to the point where I can tell :-)
>
> I don't mean cranking it up to an absurd point like Cher did. I
> mean the subtle use of it, as it was intended.
>
> What has happened is the *style* of singing has changed to
> accommodate use of autotune. This becomes most apparent if you
> listen to a lot of singers in the 1970s vs today. Modern
> singers also, since they don't have to train to be on pitch,
> don't seem to train to develop a good tone, either. Their
> voices just don't have good tone compared to 70's singers.

The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for
authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in
place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of
their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room.
They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up
dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their
teachers.