[OT] autotune

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Mon May 2 06:35:22 UTC 2022

On Monday, 2 May 2022 at 03:53:11 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> I've heard music executives on documentaries say they no longer
> look for good singers, because they can fix their singing
> electronically. They look for someone who looks good and has
> charisma.

Madonna is a prime example of that though... but it is true that
the charts contain overproduced music, or worse, there is much
less variation of style in the chart tops now than in the 80s.
But if you move out of the top you find singers like Yeba and
Angelina Jordan that are the real deal in terms of talent.