Why is D unpopular?

bauss jj_1337 at live.dk
Mon May 2 07:43:10 UTC 2022

On Monday, 2 May 2022 at 01:44:03 UTC, claptrap wrote:
> On Sunday, 1 May 2022 at 18:09:16 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>> On 5/1/2022 9:31 AM, claptrap wrote:
>>> And 99.9% of the time you're listening to AutoTuned vocals
>>> you dont even know.
>>
>> It's gotten to the point where I can tell :-)
>
> How do you know when you cant tell? You dont, you just assume
> because you spot it sometimes you can always tell, you cant.
>
> and the thing about singers being better in the 70s, it's not
> true, it's just that we've forgotten 90% of the music and we
> only remember the good stuff. It's natural selection. 20 or 30
> years from now people will say the same about the 2010s,
> because all the crap will have been forgotten and only the good
> stuff remains. There's a name for it but I cant remember what
> it is.
>
> I mean seriously look up the charts for a specific week in the
> 70s, or 80s or whatever, most of it was awful. But we just
> remember the stuff that stood the test of time.

I agree entirely with you. Even though there's a lot of bad music
being made, there's still so much good music too. I don't think
it's really that much different from then, I also believe that
for nostalgic reasons people won't think newer music is better,
even when it is. Same reason some people think movies etc. were
better back then, when that isn't close to the truth either. Tons
of movies I watched as a child and thought were amazing that I
rewatched as an adult and hated.