Why is D unpopular?

user1234 user1234 at 12.de
Wed May 4 18:14:21 UTC 2022

On Wednesday, 4 May 2022 at 17:38:28 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Wednesday, 4 May 2022 at 17:23:48 UTC, user1234 wrote:
>> OK, I thought the artifacts you mentioned were about not using
>> a window, or the rectangular window ;)
>
> Understood, one trick is to shift the whole content sideways
> 50% before doing the FFT so that the phase information you get
> is on the center of the bellshaped top of the window function.
> Which simplifies calculations.
>
> (IIRC simpler effects can be done with 50% overlap, and 75% for
> more general usage.)

15 years laters Prosoniq Morph is still top notch, I hope.
The quality of the sound produced is still not reached, it'is
still
the best you can do in the frequency domain ;)

Well there's is also SpectrumWorx, but the morpher you can
did with this product never reached the quality of Morph.