Why is D unpopular?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Wed May 4 20:31:52 UTC 2022

On Wednesday, 4 May 2022 at 18:14:21 UTC, user1234 wrote:
> 15 years laters Prosoniq Morph is still top notch, I hope.
> The quality of the sound produced is still not reached, it'is
> still
> the best you can do in the frequency domain ;)

I have never tried audio morphing plugins, but it sounds fun! A
long time ago I read a paper that decomposed sound into noise and
sinus components and used that for morphing between instruments
or spectrally changing the character of an instrument. I cannot
find the paper… but it seemed to use the same principles as
Melodyne.