Why is D unpopular?

forkit forkit at gmail.com
Fri May 6 10:11:12 UTC 2022

On Friday, 6 May 2022 at 09:47:22 UTC, IGotD- wrote:
> On Friday, 6 May 2022 at 09:37:24 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
> wrote:
>>
>> D has many libraries that end up not being maintained, so the
>> most important thing is to retain users, and then one needs to
>> understand why they leave. One key issue that has been
>> mentioned in this thread is that people leave because of
>> inconsistencies in the language.
>
> Yes, what we need is to start D3 where the language can evolve
> and people can tinker around more. D2 isn't going anywhere now
> and the maintainers believe that it is "perfect".
>
> Alternatively that D is forked.

the problem with forks, is finding competent compiler
developers.. and there ain't that many of them.

then you need a competent team to mangage the fork...and there
ain't too many of them either...

it forkin aint' easy...to fork.

btw. the premise of the question posed ( a long...long..long time
ago..)
.. is flawed and kinda meaningless.

the question should have been => 'Why is D not widely used'.