Why is D unpopular?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Fri May 6 15:27:58 UTC 2022

On Friday, 6 May 2022 at 14:02:40 UTC, Guillaume Piolat wrote:
> (first let's agree that I will not answer to your next message,
> so that our time is capped :))

Sure :)

> That doesn't mean if you have a webservice to write, that Go is
> the "best tool for the job". D could be very well be the "best
> tool for the job".

D does not have cloud service support as I am aware of. Eco
system matters. Running an on-demand Go service will be much
cheaper and responsive (I am talking CPU time).

> the products people use. (You will have noticed that Faust it
> can be implemented at CTFE in D even, so you can save writing a
> compiler and a backend, and get a D-man tattoo instead).

Making modifications real time and seeing the spectrum change as
you type is fun and intuitive, you also get access to the
standard library and can conduct experiments within seconds:
https://faustlibraries.grame.fr/

It is great that D does everything you want for your use context,
but it is not comparable in terms of features for that domain in
general.