Why is D unpopular?

forkit forkit at gmail.com
Fri May 13 10:15:37 UTC 2022

On Friday, 13 May 2022 at 09:58:17 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
> ..
> If such things are not supported then the utility is so limited
> that it might be better to drop import-C. People generally dont
> want to deal with 90% solutions (only the most hardcore users
> want that).

Personally, I'm being turned off from using D, because of importC.

And to 'try' to keep this thread back on topic, it's why D is
becoming 'unpopular' with me.

Please drop import-C.

A C hack in D is pointless.

Walter, please go and create C->M (C with Modules) instead.

Then make it an international standard.

Then I will give serious consideration to it.