Why is D unpopular?

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Fri May 13 18:32:56 UTC 2022

On 5/13/2022 6:04 AM, Paolo Invernizzi wrote:
> One thing I've not understood is why Walter decided not to integrate warp ... I
> don't remember a clear motivation of this choice

The reason is all the predefined macros that appear in each of cpp, cl, and
sppn. Around 500 for cpp, largely undocumented, and sensitive to which version
of cpp one is running and what command line switches are present.

Keeping that list of predefined macros current with every variation of cpp, cl
and sppn would be a constant maintenance nightmare.