Why is D unpopular?

forkit forkit at gmail.com
Sun May 15 07:43:02 UTC 2022

On Sunday, 15 May 2022 at 07:06:46 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
> Most software is not critical, but in this case you are worse
> off by hand translating a header file which is more error prone.

Umm..a part of that statement is not correct.

Most software (in fact) runs things that are critical to our
everyday lives (both personally and economically).

A such, the focus really should be on creating safer programming
languages, and enabling developers to write safer software, that
is less prone to bugs and attacks.

D's new focus on encouraging even more C into D projects, is not
something that should be getting underway in the year 2022.

I perfectly understand, that those who want to such a thing, will
have different opinion ;-)