ImportC can now automatically run the preprocessor

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Sun May 15 15:44:42 UTC 2022

On Sunday, 15 May 2022 at 14:57:36 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
> More on topic, I am one of those who thinks ImportC is amazing
> and will be very useful. There is potential in it.

Yes, there is potential, but can we agree that encouraging people
to use it (for other things than testing) is not a good idea
until the feature is complete? You risk killing off the potential
by locking it down to a premature design.

> The discovery of "modules for C" is unbelievable to me. It came
> only because one inventor thought an otherwise unrelated idea
> was worth pursuing.

What is it? I've seen it mentioned, but I don't understand what
it is yet.  In C you typically use textual prefixes to establish
namespaces, so how can you deal with that?