ImportC can now automatically run the preprocessor

max haughton maxhaton at gmail.com
Mon May 16 03:59:30 UTC 2022

On Monday, 16 May 2022 at 02:53:03 UTC, forkit wrote:
> On Monday, 16 May 2022 at 02:17:50 UTC, max haughton wrote:
>>

>> C is a bad programming language but equally it's the lingua
>> franca of almost everything useful so it's not really up to us.
>
> It's the 'lingua franca' because everyone treats it as such ;-)
>
> It's also a frankish language that has contributed to more
> invalid memory accesses, invalid type casts, memory leaks, data
> races, deadlocks, etc... than any other language, ever to exist.
>
> But hey, whatever,... , let's just import more of it
>
> :-(

Unless you have a magic wand or a time machine I don't see how
this line of argument has any relevance to the practice of
writing software that actually does anything other than making
the machine get hot.

One thing I'd also like to note is that once the C has been
turned into the D AST you actually can almost get it to emit D
code that represents the C