Why is D unpopular?

forkit forkit at gmail.com
Tue May 17 03:10:28 UTC 2022

On Tuesday, 17 May 2022 at 02:43:31 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:

> People who care a lot about correctness now use Rust, compilers
> for such languages are implemented in Rust. In that narrow
> space Rust cannot be displaced in the next 10 years.

yes. I have to agree here. Rust is really the only contender at
the moment.

D's 'incrementing C by 1', was never going to be enough :-(

But D4.. or .. D10... could be different.

But I doubt it will be.

In the meantime, pls everyone, write @safe: at the beggining of
your module, and then you'll have no choice, but to explicately
choose unsafe mode 'manually'

(as opposed to an unsafe environment being presented to you, by
default).

If you can't choose to be safe, at least choose to be unsafe ;-)