I'm glad throw is now an expression

deadalnix deadalnix at gmail.com
Tue May 17 21:05:08 UTC 2022

On Tuesday, 17 May 2022 at 14:41:24 UTC, Basile B. wrote:
> Proper syntax coloring is based on the lexems and shall not
> break. I'd be curious to know which are the text editors that
> cant colorize `throw` anymore.

Proper syntax coloring does way more than this and has been for
the past 20 years. Highlight invalid constructs, display types,
expression and alike differently, etc...

Almost any modern text editor will use much more than a lexer.
Most of them don't support D, for obvious reasons. I use sublime
text, which has decent support for D. At least as long as you
don't use throw expressions.