I'm glad throw is now an expression

Basile B. b2.temp at fmx.com
Tue May 17 22:03:38 UTC 2022

On Tuesday, 17 May 2022 at 21:05:08 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
> On Tuesday, 17 May 2022 at 14:41:24 UTC, Basile B. wrote:
>> Proper syntax coloring is based on the lexems and shall not
>> break. I'd be curious to know which are the text editors that
>> cant colorize `throw` anymore.
>
> Proper syntax coloring does way more than this and has been for
> the past 20 years. Highlight invalid constructs, display types,
> expression and alike differently, etc...
>
> Almost any modern text editor will use much more than a lexer.
> Most of them don't support D, for obvious reasons. I use
> sublime text, which has decent support for D.

Yes I see [that ST does
more](https://github.com/sublimehq/Packages/blob/master/D/D.sublime-syntax). It has several other issues. 100% of them are caused by the fact that they need to keep up to date with the grammar. That's a pity, an old unproper syntax coloring based on the tokens would work just fine.