Why is D unpopular?

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Wed May 18 19:07:38 UTC 2022

On Wed, May 18, 2022 at 11:57:13AM -0700, Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[...]
> For example, look at the dmd source code itself. We maintain, by hand,
> a set of equivalent .h for them. A cumulatively enormous amount of
> time has been expended on that, and finding/fixing the bugs from when
> they get out of sync.
[.[..]

This is, to me, a flashing red (and beeping) neon sign begging for
auto-generation of .h from .d.  At least, that's what I'd do in my own
project if I faced a similar situation.

It's never a good idea to maintain two (slightly different) copies of
the same thing by hand.

Why do conspiracy theories always come from the same people??