Should you be able to initialize a float with a char?

Patrick Schluter Patrick.Schluter at bbox.fr
Fri May 20 09:16:24 UTC 2022

On Friday, 20 May 2022 at 03:45:23 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 5/19/2022 3:04 PM, deadalnix wrote:
>> Tell me you are American without telling me you are American.
>
> I didn't know the Aussies and Brits used umlauts.

The Brits Charlotte Brontë, Emily Brontë (and other members of
the Brontë family), Noël Coward, Zoë Wanamaker, Zoë Ball, Emeli
Sandé, John le Carré
and the Australians  Renée Geyer and Zoë Badwi
and the Americans  Beyoncé Knowles, Chloë Grace Moretz, Chloë
Sevigny, Renée Fleming, Renée Zellweger, Zoë Baird, Zoë Kravitz,
Donté Stallworth, John C. Frémont, Robert M. Gagné, Roxanne
Shanté, Janelle Monáe, Jhené Aiko

might want to have a word with you ;-)