Should you be able to initialize a float with a char?

claptrap clap at trap.com
Fri May 20 10:01:48 UTC 2022

On Friday, 20 May 2022 at 09:16:24 UTC, Patrick Schluter wrote:
> On Friday, 20 May 2022 at 03:45:23 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>> On 5/19/2022 3:04 PM, deadalnix wrote:
>>> Tell me you are American without telling me you are American.
>>
>> I didn't know the Aussies and Brits used umlauts.
>
> The Brits Charlotte Brontë, Emily Brontë (and other members of
> the Brontë family), Noël Coward, Zoë Wanamaker, Zoë Ball, Emeli
> Sandé, John le Carré
>
> might want to have a word with you ;-)

The Brontë was originally Brunty, the father changed it to honour
Nelson when he won some battle.

Zoë Wanamaker's is American. Or least was born in the US.

Emeli Sandé dad was from Zambia i think

John Le Carre is a pen name, his real name is David John Moore
Cornwell

So often the source of the umluts in "british" names is not as
straight forward as it may appear.