The process described in the linked article could be a good thing for D

max haughton maxhaton at gmail.com
Wed May 25 10:26:14 UTC 2022

On Wednesday, 25 May 2022 at 10:17:38 UTC, forkit wrote:
> On Wednesday, 25 May 2022 at 09:27:23 UTC, max haughton wrote:
>> The whole idea behind doing that is to eliminate much of the
>> need for a team at all, it's just code.
>
> Ahh. The holy grail for programmers ;-)
>
> In the end though, it will always come back to leadership, and
> interactions between people; not 'systems on servers'.

I am specifically talking about building things on servers,
because that is something we can actually do. Almost everything
you have mentioned so far just isn't doable in the short term. Or
actually relevant to what is blocking current progress.

I am happy to coordinate and manage programmers but I just don't
think it's a realistic model for the D community because the vast
majority are working for free. The dynamic just isn't the same as
a company.

Similarly I want incremental progress to be measurable, not to
impose a grand model onto the process. This is going to be a
matter of working hard and smart, not a battle of management
philosophy.