Why is D unpopular, redux.

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Wed May 25 10:55:46 UTC 2022

On Wednesday, 25 May 2022 at 10:40:34 UTC, Guillaume Piolat wrote:
> On Tuesday, 24 May 2022 at 21:53:36 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
> wrote:
>> In short, it says nothing of use.
>
> On the contrary, it says everything we need to hear.
> Open-source libraries matters most for D adoption. And that's
> about it.

No, if I wrote yet another D game library, it would change
nothing. This has already happened many times in the history of
D. They all died. The current language + runtime is not in the
top league for that purpose. This is why they dry up.

What has been said about Rust is spot on. You don’t fix this with
producing more of what others have tried already.

You need to understand why you don’t retain those devs wanting to
create games.