Why is D unpopular?

Alexandru Ermicioi alexandru.ermicioi at gmail.com
Wed May 25 13:34:35 UTC 2022

On Wednesday, 25 May 2022 at 08:34:49 UTC, Siarhei Siamashka
wrote:
> I remind you that there's no obligation for us to agree. And
> no, having a different opinion is not a personal attack.

Asking someone to educate himself implying that the person
doesn't know anything, can be treated as an attack, though.

We should not have release switch as it is now due to those
security holes mentioned. Probably the best thing would be is to
not turn off some of security features such as bounds checking in
release mode. I.e. keep optimizations enabled, as well as
security checks that are expected to be beneficial even in
release binaries.