Why is D unpopular?

Adam D Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Wed May 25 19:25:43 UTC 2022

On Wednesday, 25 May 2022 at 16:17:06 UTC, Siarhei Siamashka
wrote:
> I think that a much better idea is to migrate more code

You're right, we're not on the same page.

I am talking about the D language we have today, with code we
have today, making decisions in the here-and-now.

You're talking about a fantasy.

> Regarding the name of this topic. If the '-release' switch
> removal idea gains traction, it will be a strong reason for me
> to quit.

lol you can still use -boundscheck=safeonly -check=none to get
the same result. -release is just a shorthand for those.

(of course, if you want maximum performance, you want to use gdc
-O instead of any of this other stuff)